Monday, February 18, 2008

The Great Debaters


Tonight I had the privledge of seeing the son of whom The movie The Great Debators was based upon. He gave a short speech about his father and told of the greatness of Speech and Debate. After the Speech we viewed the movie. It was a great movie, acurately showing the cruel treatment of African Americans in the 1930's. It also portrayed the excitment of debating during this time period. African American History is a hobby of mine and I find myself dedicating many hours and, in the case of last summer, months to the subject. It was a great movie and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys learning about African American history or history in general. I was wondering if any of my readers have seen the movie? You can view the trailer at http://www.thegreatdebatersmovie.com/ , enjoy!
For more information on Speech and debate check out www.trainingminds.org

No comments: